Tuesday, January 3, 2012

47 – Would you liked to have lived in a vicarage?

It sounds cozy and pleasant. Would I have had to have been a vicar? I'm not sure I could do that. A certain amount of hopefulness and an ability to provide religious comfort is implied by the word vicar, and I'm not sure I was ever so constituted as to provide that in a way that was either hopeful or comforting. The tea and cake bits I could handle though. I'd beast that.

"Ah yes. Do come in. The kettles on, we were just talking about the possibility that a supernova might go off nearby and strip the biosphere down to bedrock."

"We've just taken a nice sponge cake out of the oven. Why don't you come in and join our fun discussion about the eventual heat death of the universe and the consequent irrelevance of all human endeavour. On the plus side it does put a quick handjob at a bus stop on a par with the greatest stories of romantic love."

"Welcome everyone. So, today's topic is squashing kittens with hammers: not objectively wrong."

"I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. It might help you to reflect on the quite literal meaninglessness of your husband's existence."

No comments:

Post a Comment